Well, WCW was an interesting weekend for me. This picture pretty much explains how Alex and I got along during our camping episode. All in all, he said he had a great time. All I can say is Tim will be doing the summer camp with Alex. The boys all had a fun time and one of the directors did a fantabulous job of inspiring the boys. We are lucky to have him so involved with our Pack, as well as our leader for our Den. It was hard for me to help lead a group of boys and still give attention to Alex. The weather conditions didn't help either as some of the fun outside activities had to be cancelled.
Alex is doing very well with gymnastics. The coach moved him to the PreTeam group which now requires him to practice twice a week for 1 1/2 hours each session. His homework is to do push ups during
commercials if he is watching any t.v. and practice doing the splits. I said I would do push ups with him, but I don't know if I will master the splits! We are so happy to have him doing something which keeps him smiling the entire time. Now, if this burns off all his energy it will be well worth it!! I have a picture from a beginning session, but it didn't turn out. I will bring our other camera next time to try and get some better shots. I am a very proud mom watching my little guy in the gym:)
I have been busy helping out with the school fun fair. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish up collecting donations. The donation part has certainly been a learning and time consuming process. I have met many neat and interesting people in the city. I even had someone from a business thank me for volunteering my time for the school. Wow....you don't hear that too often. I was fortunate to have a good list of businesses to hit. I know my partner did not have as much luck. Next week I will help finalize basket raffles, etc. Then I am done with it...until the next fundraiser. I want to start thinking about snowmobiling! Looking forward to seeing some wildlife.
I ordered Project Life which I hope will arrive tomorrow. I am excited to get started at a project I never thought I would do in a million years. I hope Alex and I can have fun filling in the pages. I opted to do the paper book and not the electronic book so Alex can see the work in progress and write on the cards too. Knitting starts next week too! Did you ever think you would hear that word associated with me?!?!
1 comment:
Sounds like you are ready for an Adult weekend.
You are a good Mom!
XOXO
Tarrie
Post a Comment